April 10th, 2007
|10:57 am - IMBD meme (this looks amusing)|
Snagged from fernwithy:
-Go to IMDB.com and look up 10 TV shows you like(d).
-Post three official IMDB "Plot Keywords" for these 10 picks.
-Have your friends guess the show names.
Here's my list to guess:
1. Tea / Famous Opening Theme / Outer Space
2. Garden / CGI / Telekinesis
3. Criminal Investigation / Detective / Forensic Evidence
4. Major / Shrine / Terrorism
5. Alternative History / Hologram / Body Swap
6. Medical / Human Relationship / Surreal
7. Exploding Helicopter / Investigation / Police
8. Government Agent / Invisibility / Based On Novel
9. Cult / Alien / FBI Agent
10. Student Principal Relationship / Action Heroine / Teenage Girl
Current Mood: amused
1. Not sure I can hazard a guess, but I'm intrigued by the conjunction of these three tags.
3. CSI, I would imagine.
5. Quantum Leap!
9. X-files! (I miss that show...I think I have Season 1 lying around somewhere...)
10. Buffy? Maybe? I haven't seen enough to know what coupld possibly be meant by "Student Principle Relationship" but I've seen a hell of a lot of Giles/Buffy shippers, and that almost counts, right?
Quantum Leap! That's the title! *headdesk*
Wow. Your icon. I mean, I wanted to watch Who before, but your icon has single-handedly increased my desire tenfold. That is just a great, great face.
I think when you come up to visit me sometime, I shall have to sit you down in front of a couple of Who eps. You would very much like this show, even if a lot of the 30 or so years don't have that precise person and his hilarious facial expressions. :-)
Dr. Who is one of those that I've wanted to watch for a long time, but I've never gotten around to, mostly because I don't have my own Netflix account. My father-in-law uses his account to get Atlantis discs "for me" because it gives him an excuse to watch them again, but pretty much every other TV show I've watched on DVD has been borrowed from someone.
Should definitely get Mr. Bill to bring me up there sometime and we can both be indoctrinated at the same time!
It's even better in motion. *points to icon* :)
*dies of giggles* Oh, man, that is awesome. I love Barty Jr!
1. Try a guess! :-)
9. Indeed, yes. :-)
10. Nicely done, yes.
1. Okay, I really want to say Star Trek: TNG because of Picard's thing with Earl Grey tea and it's definitely a well-known opening theme, but I can't seem to recall you ever having a thing for any species of Trek. Hm.
10. Speaking of Trek, the Principal/Student thing threw me because if I recall correctly, the principal in Buffy is played by the little guy who plays Quark on DS9 (also the Grumpy Nox whose name I can't remember) and I was like "Okay, this has gotta be Buffy, but this thing about the principal can't mean what I think it means because...ew."
1. You are correct! And TNG (and then Trek as a whole) was my first fandom. My first interaction with fans outside my family was joining the Nitpicker's Guild and getting their snail-mail newsletter. :-)
Awesome! I'm kind of a Trekkie once removed, since my brother was the real fan, but I always ended up watching whatever he did (in this way I am also a G.I. Joe fan, a Transformers fan and a BSG fan).
1) Doctor Who
2) Heroes (garden doesn't fit, though)
1) Nope (although I see how that's a good guess!)
2) Nope, this might be a tough one
1. Doctor Who
2. Umm.. Reboot?
5. Sentinel? or um... shoot what's that other one Sliders?
7. exploding helicopter?!!
8. Invisible Man
was one of those Stargate and I just missed it???
2. Nope (this one is really hard)
6. Nope (also probably pretty hard)
7. Hee. You read that right.
10. Indeed, yes.
7. exploding helicopter?!!
I would like to second this sentiment. What the heck exploding helicopter? *laughs*
Heheheheh. I'm waiting for people to show up who know #7
. They'll get it right away, I'm pretty sure.
But yeah. :-) Exploding helicopter.
|Date:||April 10th, 2007 07:01 pm (UTC)|| |
No, but another very good guess. :-) Wow, the tea is really throwing people off...
1. Star Trek: The Next Generation
That's the only one I was able to get before looking at your interests and searching, so I'm sort of surprised it hasn't been grabbed already! *g*
*applauds you* Well done!
I was just about to guess that... Picard was a big tea drinker, wasn't he?
"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." :-)
I was thinking it had to be a British show, but it was a French character played by a British actor :p
Yeah, it's kind of bizarre, really.
Oh, and duh... 6 = Scrubs?
No, although, wow, that would be a good description of Scrubs. :-)
Darn, thought I got it :p Ah well, gonna have fun watching people guess mine. Some of the "plot points" on IMDB are REALLY funny,
Aaaahahahahaha I was right!
|Date:||April 10th, 2007 07:13 pm (UTC)|| |
8. Invisible Man is based on the novel?? Very loosely, I'd imagine.
Yes to all of those. And I think all "Invisible Man" movies/TV shows (there have been 3 TV shows) are considered to be "based on the novel" to some extent. :-)
|Date:||April 10th, 2007 08:00 pm (UTC)|| |
Hitting reply before looking at the other answers:
1. Star Trek:TNG
5. Quantum Leap
8. Invisible Man
With the last one the student-principal relationship is throwing me.
Nicely done, on all of these! :-) You got #1
--apparently a lot of people didn't know that TNG was my first fandom. *pets the Enterprise-D*
|Date:||April 10th, 2007 08:18 pm (UTC)|| |
I didn't know that either. But believe it or not, the tea was the giveaway for me :-)
Okay, now that the tea one is out of the way, the garden/telekinesis thing is driving me nuts. I must know! *obsessively hits refresh every thirty seconds to see if anyone guesses it*
I seriously think nobody's going to get this one. But we'll see. I should maybe have picked less obscure words, but all three of those say "this show" to me, so...
I cheated and looked it up. Not a show that I've seen.
Oddly enough, if you search for "garden telekinesis" under Plot in IMDB, the only thing that comes up is Fellowship of the Ring.
2. Babylon 5 (the stone garden, much use of CGI, and there was some telekinesis)
6. Northern Exposure (it was certainly surreal at times)
No, I can't think what #7
Brava! You got both of those. And yeah, NX was quite surreal at times. One of the reasons I enjoy it so. :-)
Oh, you do know #7
. If it comes to you, feel free to post a guess.
Oh, you do know #7. If it comes to you, feel free to post a guess.
In that case, I guess that it's The Sentinel.
5 is Quantum Leap (or Stargate) but I like the idea of it being quantum leap better. Is #6
Yes, Quantum Leap; 6 is not Scrubs, but that's a good guess based on the words.