October 13th, 2007
|02:45 pm - 10 Things That Make Me Happy meme|
I was tagged by wneleh for this:
The rules are easy, just post 10 things that recently made you happy! Then tag 10 people and force them to post this meme on their LJs. Because it is good. Everyone needs a little happiness once in a while.
10 Things That Made Me Happy (recently)
1. It's cloudy and cold here today, enough to wear my favorite earthy turtleneck wool sweater, and it rained last night. Loudly and cleanly and the air tastes like autumn.
2. I got my friend kalquessa hooked on Numb3rs, Supernatural, and Doctor Who last weekend. *does dance of fannish glee* Not only was it a fun project, but now I shall have another friend who can read my stories.
3. There was a brief visual reference that I caught in this week's Supernatural: a character is reading Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian, which I just finished. It added a whole layer of subtext to the following scene and was awesome.
4. Three times in the past 5 days, two of my roommates and I have gotten up at 6am and gone for a 30-minute walk. That means I get to have a leisurely morning, getting back and making breakfast and coffee, spending half an hour reading my Bible and praying, showering and getting ready for work...not a way I've ever been able to discipline myself into functioning (I am NOT a natural morning person) before.
5. My roommate's cat came and slept on my lap, all warm and furry, while I watched Numb3rs yesterday night.
6. My middle brother called me randomly Thursday night, to squee about the second season of Buffy. He got into Angel via a friend who was intrigued by the metaphorical possibilities of the vampire myth (truly), and graduated to Buffy from there. :-)
7. Watching the new show Chuck and laughing myself silly. Alias meets Beauty and the Geek.
8. A cheeseburger and fries with garlic sauce from the "slow fast food" burger joint near my house. Mmmmm.
9. Greek wine, donated to my household by sarcasticval. :-)
10. Coffee. In the morning. Oh, thank God for the gift of coffee.
I shall follow wleneh's example and tag only 5 people: feliciakw, jd3000, kalquessa, astrogirl2, and whitemartyr.
Current Mood: calm
An excellent meme!
I am so excited about the weather right now. Yay rain! Also fuzzy, cuddly cats, which are a natural result of cold weather and rain.
You have tagged me at a good time, as many things today made me happy. However, they have also made me sleepy, so I'll have to actually answer tomorrow. :)
I do intend to do this, because it is a good exercise in counting one's blessings. However, how sad is it that I can't think of 10 moments in recent weeks that have made me genuinely warm-and-fuzzy happy?
At least, I'm not sure I can. I probably can if I put my mind to it. Like I said, good exercise.
Maybe N3 could provide a few more? ;-)