?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Because you are all awesome - Light One Candle

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Other Places My Fics Are Archived
FanFiction.Net
The CalSci Library (A Numb3rs Gen Archive)
The Invisible Man Virtual Seasons
The Sugar Quill

November 13th, 2007


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
01:15 pm - Because you are all awesome
This meme was snatched from kerravonsen:

Comment here, and I'll tell you something wonderful about yourself. (If you weren't wonderful, you wouldn't be on my flist!)
Current Mood: okayokay

(34 lit candles | Light a candle)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:ladybrick
Date:November 13th, 2007 09:19 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I wanna be awesome!

(Didja get my e-mail? I know bugging you about e-mails in LJ comments isn't awesome, but everyone has flaws.)
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 13th, 2007 11:31 pm (UTC)

Another L.A. Writer!

(Link)
Ways in which you are awesome:

--you're a writer in L.A., like me!
--you are also a Christian, which is even more rare, and a scifi/fantasy geek, and a bookworm, and, and...we just have loads in common.
--but you also like stuff I haven't tried, and are willing to show me anime and other lovely things.
--you have a welcoming heart; even just after having met you, I felt I'd known you for much longer.
--and I mustn't leave out your ability to snark. that's a very important wonderful thing about you.
[User Picture]
From:jd3000
Date:November 13th, 2007 09:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Aah, I got in under the Non-Wonderful LICCer Act of 2005.

-JD
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 14th, 2007 01:51 am (UTC)
(Link)
You are wonderful because you always come out with these randomly amusing, self-deprecating comments, and make me laugh.

And because I've known you online for (*counts*), wow, is it 6 or 7 years now? And we met at LICC, and our characters were a couple, and you were a fun person to write sort of in sync with.

Also, you are exactly my kind of geek. And you make me icons.
[User Picture]
From:kalquessa
Date:November 13th, 2007 09:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ha. I could use something like that today.
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 14th, 2007 07:04 pm (UTC)

Sorry this didn't happen yesterday when you were feeling crappy!

(Link)
You are awesome because you are an even bigger geek than I am, and recognized me as a peer when I quoted Tolkien rather than from any other source.

Also because you have a geeky husband, which is an ideal I aspire to. ;-)

And you are generous with your humor and time and praise and book collection, and your brain is a fun place to play, especially as it manifests on your blog.

And! You're going to take me shooting. :-)

(One last thing: Anglican Christian. Book of Common Prayer. Yes.)
[User Picture]
From:maevebran
Date:November 13th, 2007 10:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'll play.=)
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 14th, 2007 10:35 pm (UTC)

*snickers at your icon*

(Link)
You are awesome because of your geeky enthusiasm and sense of humor.

Also, because you're a writer like me, and have already hit a goal I have yet to reach: finishing a spec to the point where you could submit it to the Disney Fellowship. I admire that!

And you're from my home state, which makes me happy to think about.
[User Picture]
From:kerravonsen
Date:November 13th, 2007 11:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Okay. 8-)
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 15th, 2007 05:37 am (UTC)

"It's about friendship...."

(Link)
Witting and unwittingly, Kat, you introduced me to a lot of things in and about fandom--including a mind-blowingly long list of gen fic recs for The Sentinel, which I found on your site early in my time in the fandom. I've benefited from your experience.

I appreciate your balance of clear thought and deep emotion--one does not have to surrender sharp critical opinions in order to be a fan, or to squee.

You are a Christian, and a fan, and have shown me that those things are far from mutually exclusive; that, in fact, being a Christian in fandom is no different than being a Christian in any other social circle.

Also, you made those Gen Pride icons. :-) (Now I'm thinking I need to make myself a Gen Pride T-shirt, featuring Sam & Dean of Supernatural, to wear at the next ComiCon.)
[User Picture]
From:scorptilicus
Date:November 14th, 2007 08:41 am (UTC)
(Link)
That would be awesome.
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 15th, 2007 06:20 am (UTC)

WTF flamingo?

(Link)
You're one of the sane writers from LICC, and I've known you as long as JD, which automatically makes you awesome.

And I keep finding out we share more fandoms than I realized--even when I haven't commented on your posts for a while, you often randomly start talking about something that I'm quite interested in at the moment.
[User Picture]
From:whitemartyr
Date:November 14th, 2007 09:13 am (UTC)
(Link)
Heeee... I love random encouragey things.
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 15th, 2007 06:28 am (UTC)

*hugs*

(Link)
You're one of my RL friends whom I later got to friend online as well; one of few people who exist for me in both places.

I love how you are so willing to share your journey, in life and with Christ, in fiction and fandoms and journal entries. So much of your own journey has shaped mine, as you know.

And you are, like me, a sucker for a British or Scottish accent. :-)

Run for your life!
[User Picture]
From:feliciakw
Date:November 14th, 2007 11:54 am (UTC)
(Link)
Usually I'm all "Thanks (now let's move on)" when someone gives me a personal compliment, but I'll play.
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 15th, 2007 07:02 pm (UTC)

Don, and coffee. Need I say more?

(Link)
You are the first of my online friends to become a friend in RL--someone to visit and chat with on the phone, and this is a large part of your awesomeness.

Other things include: enabling my geekiness, and allowing me to enable yours; late night tea-and-squee sessions; and your willingness to co-mod real_numb3rs.

*hugs*

I could say a lot more. Because you are truly just that awesome, "sis".
[User Picture]
From:aitchmark
Date:November 14th, 2007 03:11 pm (UTC)

I'm like feliciakw

(Link)
I don't absorb compliments well. But I've been instructed to try.

Thanks for the learning opportunity!
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 16th, 2007 06:56 pm (UTC)

Re: I'm like feliciakw

(Link)
You are awesome because you have a lot of life experience, and are not afraid to share it. You're one of the few people on my friendslist who is there more for what you've said about God and real life than for any of our common interests, and I appreciate that in you.
[User Picture]
From:fpb
Date:November 14th, 2007 06:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I comment.
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 16th, 2007 07:03 pm (UTC)

You say what you think

(Link)
Honesty, even when you know it's not going to make you popular, is an under-appreciated skill these days. I do not always agree with you, and have come close to defriending you once or twice, but I have a lot of admiration for the courage you have to defend your convictions.

That is why you are awesome.

(And, you're a Christian; and not American. Double-whammy awesomeness right there.)
[User Picture]
From:dawnebeth
Date:November 15th, 2007 08:05 am (UTC)
(Link)
If I'm wonderful, then you are, too! And I'm really sleepy right now. good night.

Dawn
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:November 16th, 2007 07:41 pm (UTC)

I-man!

(Link)
You are awesome because we met over I-man, the Virtual Seasons to be precise, and because you're a good storyteller and I admire your faithfulness to that project no end.

And because we keep falling into similar fandoms. :-)

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com