?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Supernatural 6x01 - Light One Candle

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Other Places My Fics Are Archived
FanFiction.Net
The CalSci Library (A Numb3rs Gen Archive)
The Invisible Man Virtual Seasons
The Sugar Quill

September 26th, 2010


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
05:53 pm - Supernatural 6x01
I can't do long reviews, but I think I shall try to do a short one for each episode this season, at least. 3 to 5 items about the episode, good, bad, or speculative. :)

In the comments, you may express opinions contrary to my own, but no bashing of any person or character, please.



--Oh, man, that opening montage. Absolutely wonderful. Dean's new life, how he's settled into work and family and relationships, but still feels the hole in his life left by hunting. That last bit, where he crawls into bed with Lisa, cuddles up against her, and lets his other hand drop off the mattress where he could easily grab the shotgun if he needed to? Perfect.

And the SONG that was set to!

--Dean with Lisa (and Ben): I love that Lisa cuts him a lot of slack, understands where he's coming from, but will also call him on his bullshit and tell him how things are affecting her and Ben. Not a stereotypical relationship, but a real one, and a really healthy one.

--All the questions. Sam and Samuel. Monsters behaving differently. Secrets the Campbells are keeping (even from Sam, if I read that scene correctly). I can't wait to see where all of this goes!

--The difference in the interaction between Sam and Dean. I do hope that they regain some of that brotherly relationship, but I love that Sam tells Dean that "things are just better when you're there," and that they're able, as they were at the very end of last season, to talk to each other as equals and adults. Dean didn't punch Sam out for not telling him Sam was out of the cage...but he didn't let them off the hook, either.

Current Mood: pleasedpleased

(3 lit candles | Light a candle)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:kimmer1227
Date:September 27th, 2010 02:24 am (UTC)
(Link)
Wasn't that montage just heaven!

Honestly, I was hoping for a punch. Just one! :D

[User Picture]
From:feliciakw
Date:September 27th, 2010 10:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
Well, you know my squee. Pretty much loved it beginning to end. I'm just so deliriously happy that we didn't have to contend with any of the angel/demon stuff. Nary an one in sight! \o/

Dean/Lisa&Ben! *smishes them all*

Sam! You're back! You're different! What does it mean?

Campbells! Are you who you say you are? And even if you are, you're up to something sneaky.

And dang but Jensen was beautifully lighted. Do they not know that that makes it hard to concentrate on the dialogue?

(I think I might need a S6 icon.)

[User Picture]
From:kalquessa
Date:September 28th, 2010 06:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I had a little difficulty even having a reaction at all between the fact that it was setting up the new season, so had kind of a weird pace, and the fact that I watched it with a small person wiggling on my lap and trying to dump the contents of his sippy cup on me. I kept going "Wait, what? Was that important? Back it up a second." So maybe the pacing issues weren't even really there, except for me. *headdesk*

But yeah, I really liked the Dean/Lisa relationship. And Mitch Pilleggi can always come play in my sandbox, even when he is clearly up to something of which I am unlikely to approve. And Corin Nemec! Hi! I totally can't take you seriously as a badass hunter because to me you will always be the cheerful, inquisitive alien guy with a cute dimple who loves bananas and the Weather Channel!

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com