April 24th, 2011
|01:19 pm - Doctor Who, "The Impossible Astronaut"|
Okay, very quick reactions:
1. Did not expect the gap in time, with Amy/Rory living on their own and the Doctor running off places. But I like it. I love the whole invitation thing.
2. WTF DOCTOR NOOOOO! ...uh, damn. I was not remotely spoiled for that. Ngh. Amy's face. :( And River's stiff silence. And Rory... oh, Rory. The pyre. Oh, Rory. *whimpers*
3. And we're off with the timey-wimeyness. Wow, Moffat.
4. "They won't shoot" "They're Americans!" "Don't shoot!" *dies*
"The legs, the nose, and Mrs. Robinson."/ "I hate you." That might be the line of the night.
5. Is the Silent speaking into Amy's mind? I am not clear on that.
6. I loved the conversation between River and Rory.
7. Amy's pregnant? Okay, either that's a red herring (hey, the Silents can read and manipulate minds, so....), which has been beautifully set up, or it's real, in which case I am 3 parts uneasy because TV never treats pregnancy well, and 2 parts absolutely thrilled. (see And Fill the Trees With Apples for why I love the idea of pregnant!Amy in the TARDIS)
Can it be next week now?
I thought it was a great start to the season. Can't wait for next week!
The question is is River ALSO pregnant since she was also feeling ill? And is that little girl in the suit Amy's kid? Or River's kid? Is River Amy's kid? SOMEONE HAS TO BE SOMEONE'S KID. It is the way of time travel stories!
|Date:||April 25th, 2011 09:07 am (UTC)|| |
Those are interesting ideas. Could the names "River" and "Pond" be a clue? Does the river give rise to the pond or the pond to the river? :)
Back when they first announced the name, I thought Amy Pond would be a young River Song.
That's why I have half a thought that Amy's not actually pregnant. Either that, or she is, but the nausea doesn't have anything to do with that--it's to do with the Silents, and the pregnancy is a whole other deal.