November 8th, 2005
|09:30 pm - Gratitude|
After a depressing (yay for the once-a-month depths of despair, urgh) and tiring day, I had a few pleasant surprises.
I'm sure there were actually more, but at the moment I'll just list five:
1. New, insightful review on my HP fic Night's Candles, which has been up at the SugarQuill for nearly a year.
2. Numb3rs icons as an early Christmas gift from rose_in_shadow, one of which I'm using in this post.
3. Completely unexpected call from my friend V. 2 time zones away, solely to squee because she just finished reading Goblet of Fire for the first time. Yeah!
4. Got home from work and spent an hour and a half finishing Diane Duane's new book, Wizards at War. Excellent (though maybe not as good as books 2 and 3, though I'm biased in some ways), and exactly, exactly what I needed. "Eldest, Fairest, and Fallen--greetings, and defiance!"
5. It was cloudy and overcast all day. Most people would assume that added to my depression, but I like it when we get this weather, after days of endlessly beating-down sunshine. It's cold tonight; I'm so tempted to put on Christmas music. :-)
Thank you, Lord, for all the small things that make life worth living. Thank you for the gifts that we almost miss--the sparks of light in the darkness.
Current Mood: grateful
Wow. Glad you had some sparks of light against your darkness. I'm praying my sparks come tomorrow. I am so wanting to call in sick tomorrow, go to my meeting with Mike, then crash the rest of the day...
I'm so glad for the sparks, considering that I started the day by coming an hour and a half late to work (so tired I just couldn't get up in time, literally), then had the most down day I've had in a longish while.
I totally sympathize. *prays for sparks of light for Kim*