?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Notes on the LOST finale - Light One Candle

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Other Places My Fics Are Archived
FanFiction.Net
The CalSci Library (A Numb3rs Gen Archive)
The Invisible Man Virtual Seasons
The Sugar Quill

May 27th, 2006


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:24 pm - Notes on the LOST finale
A couple of things before I dive in (not that I'll dive all that deep):

This post by rj_anderson is a brilliant little analysis of the House, M.D. season finale. Go forth and read it!

Also, I just received confirmation from Amazon.com that my Numb3rs 1st season DVDs have been shipped! Woo! :-D I am rather excited; there will be all kinds of extras, and I have yet to watch at least 3 of the episodes, including the pilot. So I have much to look forward to!


Okay, I really am not too coherent about this right now.

First, may I just say that if the entire second season had been willing to move plot and character like this, I would have enjoyed it much, much more than I did? True.

Very excellent cliffhanger, with Jack, Saywer, and Kate captive of the Others (and is it just me, or is "Henry Gale" totally their leader?); something catastrophic having happened at the hatch (say that five times fast), possibly including the deaths of Locke, Mr. Eco, and Desmond; and Michael and Walt speeding away in the boat.

Speaking of Michael, I adore the actor. I thought I would hate him for making this choice, to sacrifice his friends for his son; instead I think I understand him. It really wasn't a choice, for him; what might be his choice is whether he tells anyone on the outside.

Assuming he can even get to the outside world. Desmond didn't make it. :-)

I think I have fallen for Desmond. He'd better not be dead. He's too cool and angst-ridden and heroic and in love. And it would be awful for Penny to find them and for Des to be dead!

I am enthralled by the fact that Desmond's refusal to push the button totally crashed 815. (Of course, what were they doing off course in the first place, but....)

I want to know why Charlie is so giddy. Is it just that he survived? Or does he think he's died and gone to heaven? Or what?

I was getting very lukewarm about this show. Now I can't wait for next season. *facepalm*

Current Mood: calmcalm

(15 lit candles | Light a candle)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:vertigozooropa
Date:May 28th, 2006 03:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, Michael will get back to civilization. The Others gave him the secret heading that will allow him to escape. Plus, they had to write Walt out because the actor is aging faster than his character. They even pre-recorded his lines last season, and dubbed him over in his recent episodes, because his voice will have changed by now.

I want to know what's going to happen now that the system is shut down. Will the island get cold?

[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:May 28th, 2006 08:53 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, Michael will get back to civilization. The Others gave him the secret heading that will allow him to escape.

Do you seriously think that the heading's accurate? I don't.
[User Picture]
From:vertigozooropa
Date:May 29th, 2006 02:14 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yes, I do believe the heading is accurate, because there's no Michael without Walt, and the actor who played Walt is no longer young enough to pass for 11. Both characters have to be written out.
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:May 29th, 2006 06:48 pm (UTC)
(Link)
there's no Michael without Walt,

I most sincerely hope you're wrong, because losing Harold Perrineau would be bad; he's one of the top 3 actors they've got in this cast.

Honestly? I can imagine having Micheal around without Walt. It might not be pleasant for Michael, but there are ways to do it.
[User Picture]
From:scorptilicus
Date:May 28th, 2006 06:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yay! Someone else likes Michael! It seems that everywhere I read they either don't like or don't care about the character. Personally, I hope that Harold gets back somehow. He's a great actor, and a story about the character facing the consequences of his decisions could be good. We'll see, though.
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:May 28th, 2006 08:54 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think the actor is one of the best in the cast. I missed him through a lot of this season. I expect he'll be back, one way or another.
[User Picture]
From:jn_oscargrouch
Date:May 29th, 2006 12:06 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'm totally thinking the island is Atlantis. For real this time. What with the Statue's leg with four toes... (some body on the show's staff watches the simpson's too much). Anyhow. I Loved the finally and can't stop thinking about it.

Oh, on a completely different subject, I started reading American Gods I'm really digging it.
[User Picture]
From:jn_oscargrouch
Date:May 29th, 2006 12:07 am (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, and I just read that Michael Emerson, who plays "Henry Gale" is being made a regular for next season. http://www.playbill.com/index.php
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:May 29th, 2006 06:49 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Atlantis, huh? Hmmm! Interesting.

And I told you you'd like American Gods. :-)
[User Picture]
From:jn_oscargrouch
Date:May 29th, 2006 07:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Kinda makes sense though, considering it's an inescapable island, and how Henry told Michael and Walt that where they're going is a much better place then here. And his dilusional (perhaps) remark, "We're the good guys."
[User Picture]
From:rj_anderson
Date:May 29th, 2006 12:30 am (UTC)
(Link)
I think I have fallen for Desmond.

Have you seen The Gospel of John? You really, really need to see it. Although since I saw Henry Ian Cusick play Jesus (brilliantly) before I saw him play Desmond, it was a really weird feeling to see him sitting there in the bottom of the boat looking basically exactly the same as he did in GoJ, with the long hair and full beard, but reeling drunk and cradling a gun. For a minute it was like some sort of horrible blasphemous joke, and it took me a while to get over it. Seeing him clean-shaven and short-haired in the flashbacks helped. :)

Anyway, I really don't want Desmond to be dead. I want him back next season -- if not as a regular, then as a recurring character like Danielle. Henry Ian is a fantastic actor and Des is a great role for him -- plus I too am smitten with the tragic love story of Des and Penny.

*note to self: make Desmond icon. Oh why did I delete my copy of the finale before I screencapped it? Why?*
From:amandajpowderly
Date:May 29th, 2006 07:26 am (UTC)

Desmond = Jesus (of course)

(Link)
Oh my goodness! Thank you for putting that together for me! I had no idea that Desmond was Jesus from The Gospel of John. But I hope it makes you feel better to know that I was feeling a bit blasphemous after I saw The Gospel of John because I couldn't get over how hot Jesus was! I reframed it, though. Of course I was drawn to Jesus... who wouldn't be... that's the point... well, not exactly, but I think you may have enough here to get over any weird feelings you may or may not still have. I think I have to call my therapist now. :) ajp (aka izhilzha's roommate)
[User Picture]
From:rj_anderson
Date:May 29th, 2006 07:05 pm (UTC)

Re: Desmond = Jesus (of course)

(Link)
Hee! I hear you on the "weird feelings". I think you may get a kick out of the review I wrote for GoJ after I first saw it, particularly the postscript. And the comments, too -- like this one and especially this one. :)
[User Picture]
From:izhilzha
Date:May 29th, 2006 06:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
No, I have yet to see The Gospel of John. Although given that I recall my roommate's reaction to the actor in that particular role (see her comment), it kind of makes sense that I fell for Des so quickly.

For a minute it was like some sort of horrible blasphemous joke, and it took me a while to get over it.

I can imagine. :-)

Anyway, I really don't want Desmond to be dead. I want him back next season -- if not as a regular, then as a recurring character like Danielle.

Oh, yes, indeed. I really hope that's the case, because it would be a sad waste to endear him to us so and then have him simply be gone. Bad move on the producer's parts if they do that. I might have to quit watching.

Well....maybe.

I too need a Desmond icon, I think.
[User Picture]
From:scorptilicus
Date:May 30th, 2006 02:19 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yes, let's all hope that Desmond is alive. I want to learn more about him, not to mention see how he'd fit in with all of the Lostaways.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com