December 6th, 2006
|05:39 pm - Shamelessly stolen from kerravonsen|
Various people have been doing memes like "4 things" and "true/false" and I've decided to combine them. What follows are groups of four things related to me; three of the things belong together, and one doesn't. So, the challenge is to guess which one doesn't belong.
ETA: Okay, I think everyone interested has guessed. I'm going in and bolding all the correct answers (the odds ones out), so you can check if you want to. :-) Thanks for playing!
Remember, pick out the one that doesn't belong! :-)
1. Churches I have attended regularly:
a) Vineyard Christian Fellowship
b) Bel Air Presbyterian
c) Parish of Saint George
d) River Valley Baptist
2. Traditional "Thanksgiving" dishes I enjoy:
b) green bean casserole
d) pumpkin pie
3. Books I had read by age 11:
a) The Hobbit
b) Little Women
c) Tale of Two Cities
4. Current TV shows I take care not to miss:
d) Doctor Who
5. Books I wish I'd never bothered reading:
a) The DaVinci Code
b) The Subtle Knife
c) The Wheel of Time (anything after book 2)
d) The Demolished Man
6. People on my flist whom I met before I joined LJ:
7. Colors I have proclaim as my favorite, at one time or another:
8. Fictional characters upon whom I have had a serious crush:
a) Johnny Smith (The Dead Zone)
b) Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter)
c) Larry Fleinhardt (Numb3rs)
d) Colonel Jack O'Neill (Stargate)
Inane but fun. For me, anyway. Comments are screened to prolong the fun!
Current Mood: amused
1. d) River Valley Baptist (wild guess)
2. a) Yams
3. c) Tale of Two Cities (I think that's a bit much for anyone)
4. b) Bones, since I don't remember you mentioning it
5. d) The Demolished Man (good book that, must re-read it)
6. depends on what you mean by "met", doesn't it? Since we've never met face-to-face, I'd nominate me. But if you mean "met" as in "corresponded with", then I don't know the answer.
7. d) yellow
8. b) Draco Malfoy (I'm certain you have better taste than that)
Yes, yes, no, yes, yes, I wasn't really clear about 6 was I? but no, no, yes.
|Date:||December 7th, 2006 02:38 am (UTC)|| |
1. I have no idea, so shall not even attempt.
2. A, because you capitalized it. :-)
3. C, just because
4. B for Bones
6. C, because you met her at ComicCon, yes? :-)
7. A for blAck
8. B for evil prettyBoy.
blank, yes, no, yes, no, yes, yes, yes
Okay, I'll give it a go:
1 - D
2 - I'm guessing A
3 - I'm guessing C
4 - B
5 - Not a clue
6 - I'm guessing C
7 - I'm guessing A
8 - B (though you did have a dream once wherein you, what, were conspiring with him? Had a thing for him? Something like that, that really surprised you)
Yes, yes, no, yes, blank, yes, yes, yes (and I dreamed I was in an arranged engagement with him, weird).
Okay, for most of these I have no clue, but here we go...
1.a) Vineyard Christian Fellowship
3.c) Tale of Two Cities
5.d) The Demolished Man
8.a) Johnny Smith (The Dead Zone)
No, yes, no, yes, yes, no, no, no.
Good guessing, though. :-)
|Date:||December 7th, 2006 07:51 am (UTC)|| |
c, a, b, b, d, c, c, and (snerk) b.
|Date:||December 7th, 2006 05:51 pm (UTC)|| |
Re: Stabbing wildly...
no, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, no, and yes of course. :-)
I appologize in advance if I fail miserably as I currently have the flu and am not entirely coherent...
1. River Valley Baptist
2. green bean casserole? (have I ever had thanksgiving with you? ever?)
3. Tale of Two Cities?
5. Wheel of Time? or maybe Subtle Knife, I haven't heard you mention that one in either way.
8. Draco Malfoy
Yes, no, no, yes, neither, yes, yes, and yes. :-) Well done, for a person with flu. Get better soon! :-(
Well, let's see...
1. No idea really, but I'm gonna guess River Valley Baptist because I don't think you've ever lived in the South, dramatically decreasing your odds of ever being Baptist.
2. I don't like green bean casserole, so I'm going to guess that's the one you dislike, as well, because everyone is secretly me.
3. Again, a huge guess, but I'm guessing you had easier access to Tolkien, Lewis and Alcott than you did to Dickens. So I'm guessing Tale of Two Cities is the one you hadn't read by age 11.
4. I can't remember you ever mentioning Bones, so that's my guess.
5. I have no idea. Of the four listed, two I've read and regret it (Subtle Knife and WOT) but I don't think you've ever mentioned reading either of them to me. I can't really see you reading DaVinci Code, but maybe you have a stronger stomach for bad prose than I give you credit for. I'm going with The Demolished Man for no good reason.
6. Ha! One I'm sure about! You didn't meet me until after we were both on LJ, so I am the answer!
7. I can't really see you naming either pink or black as your favorite color, but I'll say pink is the one that doesn belong because it's easier to imagine you having a slightly-goth phase than to picture you having a frilly girly phase.
8. There is no way you have a crush on Draco Malfoy.
Yes, no, no (nobody had guessed this yet), yes, yes, yes, no (I was quite girly as a child, actually, though no frills), and yes. :-)
It seems that all but one of us guessed ATOTC. Interesting.
Actually, I think that's what everyone has guessed. And I totally did--I didn't understand it, but I had a whole Dickens streak when I was about 10. I know I read ATOTC, and Oliver Twist (loved it), and maybe others...
(I was quite girly as a child, actually, though no frills)
Really? I cannot picture this at all. *laughs*
Okay, now I really want to know the answer to the question about which book you hadn't read before you were eleven. At least I guessed right about Draco!
*g* I refused to wear pants until I was about 7; it was all about the dresses and skirts till then. Of course, then I totally went the other way, and have just over the past year or so gotten back into loving skirts. Still, I mostly wear pants (for modesty and ease of movement).
And aside from books, and writing plays to force my brothers to act in, I had about 30 dolls, and there were many stories told with them, until I was about 14 and got busy with other stuff like actually writing and high school level schoolwork.