January 17th, 2007
|11:28 am - Fannish character meme|
Stolen from yahtzee63: Name a character from one of my fandoms, and I will tell you my top 3 moments or scenes (or at least 3 of my favorites) of them.
My fandoms include: Star Trek (TNG & DS9), Babylon 5, The Invisible Man, The Sentinel, ReBoot, Numb3rs, CSI, SG-1, and LotR. (And Supernatural, mostly-new Doctor Who, and Alias, if you must. *g* )
Current Mood: nerdy
Hopefully, you can do this one: Elrond, LotR.
|Date:||January 17th, 2007 07:40 pm (UTC)|| |
And BTW...I'm finally getting into DS9! Season One should be arriving any day. :-D
1. After he's gotten his emotion chip (In Generations), he has to scan the planet they've found, and starts singing. "Life-forms, you pretty little life-forms..."
2. Reciting his "Ode to Spot" (actually, just about any moment with Data and Spot is comedy gold).
3. Showing his offspring the different genders and forms it could choose to take.
BTW, I finally figured out where I found this icon. Twas created by midnightwhisper
I love Q. Even at his most annoying.
1. Giving Data the gift of the experience of laughter.
2. When he dumps the Enterprise way out in the galaxy, to show them the Borg and what they're really up against in the universe. The scene where he and Picard discuss this, in particular.
3. Flying out of the Enterprise in a stolen shuttle, to sacrifice his newly human self. A tiny moment of poignancy at the end of an entire episode where we got to laugh ourselves sick at his expense.
Wow, what to choose...
1. "Nice to meet you, Rose Tyler. Now run for your life!"
2. Pushing everyone behind him (the oldest being there) and facing down the time-monster in "Father's Day."
3. Remembering the steps, and dancing--very well--with Rose, at the end of "The Doctor Dances."
Dr. Daniel Jackson (like I'd ask about anyone else)
There's a lot to choose from over 9 seasons...!
Dr. Daniel Jackson
1. His dazed, totally smitten expression after Sha're kisses him thoroughly, in "Children of the Gods."
2. When that young Unas captures Daniel--they're sitting by the fire, and learning to communicate by trial and error. And food. "I met my father-in-law this way," Daniel tells the Unas.
3. When he comes back through the 'Gate at the beginning of "Meridian," and won't let the medical team touch him, because he knows he's radioactive.
"I met my father-in-law this way," Daniel tells the Unas.
Movie reference!!! :-) I really do like it when a TV show remembers its filmic roots.
And yes, it's late here, and no, I can't sleep.
I can't decide between Jack or Sam... because I'm just curious. But I think I may know. I may have to answer this after too. ;)
1. Knowing she could die, acting on instinct and love, going back into the room with little Cassie and holding onto her as the countdown reached zero.
2. Not being surprised by Jack's knowledge of astronomy. "You don't think the Colonel keeps a telescope on his roof just to watch the neighbors, do you?"
3. Trying to write a eulogy for Janet, and talking to Teal'c about it, in "Heroes."
Jack (only 3?! disclaimer: this can change daily.)
1. Talking suicidal Daniel off the balcony in "The Light."
2. Taking about 5 seconds to judge Teal'c's trustworthiness in the pilot.
3. His wisecracks during the team get-together in "Lost City"; *pointing at Daniel* "No more beer for you!"
|Date:||January 18th, 2007 11:10 am (UTC)|| |
Buffy's Mom. Capt.Janeaway. Gandalf.
I actually didn't watch much ST:Voyager, so I'm going to skip Janeway. The other two I can do.
1. Making hot chocolate with marshmallows in it for Spike (whom she doesn't know is a vampire).
2. That mother-daughter conversation with Buffy about dating an older man (aka Angel), before she knows anything about Buffy's Slayer destiny.
3. Kissing Giles. :-)
1. Fighting the Balrog in Moria: "The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow!"
2. His relief at learning that Sam went with Frodo into Mordor. "Good! Very good."
3. Meeting Frodo and Bilbo at the Grey Havens.