Pick five fictional characters from different fandoms that you identify with. Explain the character or personality trait(s) that you share with them.
1. Jim Ellison (The Sentinel): Once, kerravonsen did Myers-Briggs personality profiling for the main characters from this show. I was deeply amused, when I did Myers-Briggs, to come out with the same profile as Jim: ISFJ (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging). We share some strong personality traits, including a need to protect and serve, and a responsibility complex. Also like Jim, I don't make close friends easily, but once made, they're friends forever.
2. Samwise Gamgee (The Lord of the Rings): Loyalty--I think my idea of true friendship was grounded on Sam and Frodo, and I still think of Samwise as the ideal of a good friend.
3. Sydney Bristow (Alias): Obviously, honesty and trust carry a high value in the spy world Sydney lives in. But that's one of the things I value most in my relationships, and in my own self-awareness; it's neat to see that internal honesty in such a strong female character.
4. Sara Sidle (CSI): A darker trait, here. Sara and I both have a tendency to obsess over things we can't do anything about. And on a lighter note, we both appear to have a thing for older, brilliant men. :-)
5. Daniel Jackson (Stargate SG-1): Love of learning, oh, yes. And I realized after watching "Meridian" that we share a specific problem with our outlook on life: we want so badly to save people, to make a difference. If we can't, at least not the way we think we should, then even the ways in which we do make a difference pale in comparison to our perceived failures.