Post a list of 10 TV shows you watch (current or cancelled!)
Have your friends list guess your favourite character from each show
When guessed, bold the show and write a sentence about why you like that character
Post in your own livejournal if you want to play
Mind you, I'm cheating slightly by including two book series. :-)
1. The Sentinel - Jim. The super-senses are cool, but I like Jim because of his ingrained sense of honor and justice and loyalty. He may not be the most open guy, but if he lets you inside his heart, you'll never be outside of it again.
2. Stargate SG-1 - Jack. Because he is the king of sarcasm and bad jokes, because in spite of that it's clear how much he cares about his team, because he is smarter than he'll admit to being, and because he's just. so. goodlooking.
3. Buffy - Spike. Honestly? When I started watching BTVS, Spike creeped me out. Then there was this moment: "I know I'm a monster, but you treat me like a man." Watching soulless (and then souled) Spike fumble towards redemption...wow.
4. Quantum Leap - Sam. His combination of frustration and faith is funny, heart-wrenching, and utterly loveable.
5. Alias - Will Tippin. Loving, smart, willing to appreciate what he has. I love the guy for ignoring his unrequited love for Sydney, and just being the truest friend she could have, instead.
6. The Invisible Man (2000 version) - Darien Fawkes. Another master of the snark. Ex-con with an attitude and a fondness for appropo quotes to match my own.
7. Harry Potter - Remus Lupin. I have a deep soft spot for characters like Lupin; a sweet, intelligent, ordinary guy caught up in some inescapeable struggle.
8. CSI - Grissom. Very intelligent, well-read, nearly unflappable but certainly not emotionless. Still waters run deep. He'll go out on a limb to give someone a second chance. Also? Anyone who can quote Shakespeare in the morgue while looking at a dead body = my one true love. :-)
9. Touching Evil (USA version) - David Creegan. Not exactly sweet or ordinary (except around his kids), but this is a man in constant struggle, to conform to rules that (in his damaged brain) seem utterly arbitrary.
10. The Lord of the Rings - Samwise. He has been my role model, in loyalty, stubbornness, bravery, servanthood, and humility ever since I read LotR in childhood.