• Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
• If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
• Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
• Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
• If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
o You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
o There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
--CSI season 2 (or 3) on DVD
--Blake’s 7 episodes (hint, hint, mistraltoes *g*)
--wallpaper to inspire my Numb3rs/The Sentinel crossover (note: takes place in the summer of 2006, so this is an older, future-fic Jim and Blair, and Blair has short hair; also, the story is mainly set in Los Angeles)
--icons featuring Jacob Carter or Dr. Janet Fraiser (Stargate SG-1), or icons with Henri or Jack Carter (Eureka)
--New battery for my laptop (a Dell Inspiron), since mine is wearing out.
--A fic featuring Megan Reeves and Michael Weston (Numb3rs/Burn Notice) (Or, frankly, any fic written for me as long as it's gen, friendship-focused, or Megan/Larry. *g* For instance, I will never write it, but I'd love a good CSI/Supernatural crossover.)
--Any Old School Doctor Who on DVD. Especially ones with Tom Baker or Sylvester McCoy as the Doctor/
--A Midwinter’s Tale (aka In the Bleak Midwinter), directed by Kenneth Brannagh, British film, probably only available on VHS. On eBay.
--Supernatural season 2 on DVD
--Celtic or acapella or choral CDs (worship or hymnal stuff is particularly welcome)
If you've filled this out, feel free to leave me the link to said post in the comments here. I'll come and have a look! And if you can fill one of my wishes and need my snail mail address, email me at livefortheone AT hotmail DOT com.