1. Bloody hell, people! Stop leaving my shows! Yes, CSI is still one of the shows I look forward to each week. And this is the second cast departure for this year! Bah. Between Diane Farr's upcoming loss from Numb3rs and this, I'm too depressed to throw a temper tantrum.
I suppose I should be glad it's not Eric Szmanda.
2. I'm having no time to write at all, because I'm spending all that time hunting for potential jobs and trying to rewrite resumes and cover letters for likely ones. Like I wasn't depressed enough already; not writing is a guaranteed way to make myself feel like crap. Must find a way to solve this problem.
3. I spent part of yesterday questioning why I live in L.A. The heat turns my brain right off! Honestly, it's not fun trying to think while sitting in the toasty upstairs room that is my sort-of office, while it's 90F outside and very close to that indoors, with no central air. *dies*
4. I'm going to be writing a lengthy essay about the nature of friendship (with discussion and examples featuring fandom in several ways). I don't know when I'll get it finished, but watch this space.
5. I have been absolutely craving salmon for the past few weeks. No clue why. I'm starting to think I should look it up to see if it indicates a deficiency of some sort. *g*
6. As I told kalquessa: My brain has taken revenge on me for listening to "Carry On, My Wayward Son" (by Kansas) nonstop for about 3 weeks. It has decided that I need to someday write a scene in a movie script or tv script in which a woman sings at least part of this song to her baby or very young child. The lullaby version, basically. For some reason I find this endlessly appealing.
7. remixthedrabble's new round of fics has gone up! I can't tell you which I wrote, yet, but someone remixed one of my fics awesomely: Firefly: Bright and Shiny Objects (The Snips and Snails Remix).
That is all for now!