* Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
o You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
o There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) A French press--not a huge one, just enough for a cup or two of coffee.
2) Supernatural season 3 on DVD
3) A new job, preferably as a writer's assistant/script coordinator on a television show, or where I get to use my writing skillz.
4) A working sound card for my laptop, and someone with the skills to replace it without charging me an arm and a leg for the service.
5) More episodes of Blake's 7. *looks at mistraltoes*
6) Megan/Larry fic. Any genre (fluff, pregnancy/babyfic, long-distance fic, angst, drabbles, deathfic even) except extreme crack!fic or smut--although I would not mind kissing or getting their version of sexy talk, because, it's Larry and Megan.
7) A CSI vid, Grissom/Sara, to either 4Him's "Can't Get Past the Evidence of You" or Joseph Arthur's "Honey and the Moon."
8) Supernatural/The Sentinel crossover fic. I'd prefer case-driven, true to character, timeline-accurate (i.e. the respective ages and timing of events are taken into account), and persuasive, without slash or Wincest. But I would take little angsty or funny ficlets, too. :-)
9) Art to use as a header for my LJ, featuring either a single candle flame or the Phial of Galadriel.
10) A T-shirt with Sam & Dean (or Jim & Blair) on the front, and Gen Pride on the back. *g*