August 10th, 2009
|10:45 pm - Fannish Top Five meme|
Stolen from...almost everyone, at this point.
Ask me my fannish Top Five [Whatevers]. Any top fives. Doesn't matter what, really! And I will answer them all in a new post. Possibly with pictures.
It might take me a while to get around to them, but I have a feeling you may ask some fun stuff, so go nuts. :)
Current Mood: okay
What are your top five favorite episodes of all time?
Of any specific fandom? Or of all my fandoms ever? *g*
Crap, woman, that may take me a while to narrow down!
Okay. This is so tentative you would not believe it. Ask me tomorrow and you'll get different answers! :)
1. "Passing Through Gethsemane," Babylon 5
2. "Three Men and Adena," Homicide: Life on the Street
3. "Butterflied," CSI
4. "Page 47," Alias
5. "Arrow of Time," Numb3rs
Hee. I'm not sure I could narrow it down to just five episodes.=)
That was a good B5 ep. I don't remember the CSI, though I kinow I've seen it.The Numb3rs was a good one too. (I haven't seen the others.)=)
"Butterflied" is the ep with the victim who looks so much like Sara that it freaks Grissom out. :)
Top five story kinks (SO needs a better term), fic or otherwise.
I agree that we need a better term for that. Here goes, though.
1. The use of ASL or any standardized system of sign language. I've noticed that a lot of such fics don't involve AU deafness, but rather other incidents: in "Without Words" (TS), Blair loses his vocal cords to cancer; in the But Deadly 'verse (SPN), Dean is functionally mute. They both use sign instead, and it's awesome.
2. Role-reversal h/c. I like regular old h/c, too, but when the one giving comfort is the one who usually gets the comfort, it has a special draw for me. So Dean-h/Sam-c, preseries John-h/either son-c; Jim-h/Blair-c; Janet-h/Jack-c; Don-h/Charlie-c, etc.
3. Smarm. For those who may not have come out of The Sentinel fandom (I don't see this term much in use elsewhere), "smarm" refers to non-sexual shows of affection, especially verbal or by touch, often in extreme circumstances and more demonstrative than the characters would show in normal life. The key to this is that the affection is non-sexual, thank you very much. (A quick example from my fic would be Megan's hand-holding and kiss to Colby's forehead in "Breathe For Me;" they're not remotely interested in each other sexually, but they're great friends in a state of high emotion.)
4. AU fic that takes plots from canon and reworks them in the AU, such as roque_clasique
's Drive-verse (SPN) or dashamte
's Imperfections series (TS).
5. Unusual POVs, whether it be an OC, a recurring character, or (for example) the Impala. For instance, kalquessa
's apocafic "Rust." :)
Whew! That was hard!
|Date:||August 11th, 2009 09:02 am (UTC)|| |
Top Five Geeks :)
1. Daniel Jackson, SG-1.
2. Blair Sandburg, The Sentinel.
3. Kerr Avon, Blakes 7 (he's a computer nerd! It counts!)
4. Gil Grissom, CSI.
5. Larry Flienhardt, Numb3rs.
Edited at 2009-08-12 04:57 am (UTC)
|Date:||August 12th, 2009 11:10 am (UTC)|| |
Nice choices (I am now trying to imagine how to get them all in the same crossover... no. Does not compute)
1. Yuri, "Red Ice," The Sentinel. The technological "sentinel."
2. Ba'al, multiple episodes but especially "Abyss," Stargate SG-1.
3. Nigel Crane, "Stalker," CSI.
4. Mason Lancer, "The Janus List"/"Trust Metric," Numb3rs.
5. Greg Stilson, The Dead Zone (book/movie).
Top five Doctor Who moments.
From New Who? (Not that I've seen much Old Skool Who yet.)
1. The Doctor explaining to Rose who/what he is, "Rose."
2. "Everybody lives!," "The Doctor Dances."
3. The Doctor and Donna converse via gesture and exaggerated mouthing, "Partners in Crime."
4. "Expelliarmus!", "The Shakespeare Code" (I'm sorry, it was too good to pass up.)
5. Donna helps the Doctor push the lever that will allow Pompeii to erupt, "Fires of Pompeii."
(You know, these probably change daily. *g*)
2. I actually choked up a little at that one.
3. So brilliant. *dies of giggles just thinking about it*
4. I LOVE THAT MOMENT IT IS THE BEST THING EVER!!
|Date:||August 11th, 2009 08:28 pm (UTC)|| |
The Five Top Characters You Like To Write
Oh, this is *hard*. Um. *looks at list of written fic*
Okay, here goes:
1. Don Eppes, Numb3rs
. Because he, like me, puts great stock in rules and boundaries, and struggles to live in this messy world because it. And because his voice is hard to nail, but it's fun work getting it.
2. Jim Ellison, The Sentinel
. We're the same Meyers-Briggs type (well, according to kerravonsen
--ISFJ, the Protector), and I enjoy being inside his head, even if he's not as self-aware as I like. And because with Jim's Sentinel abilities, I get to be extravagantly aware of sensory input and use it in ways I couldn't with any other character.
3. Megan Reeves, Numb3rs
. Because I want to be Megan when I grow up, and she's one of few female characters in my favorite shows that I really love and enjoy spending time with. Smart and savvy and yet very in touch with her own feelings.
4. Jack O'Neill, Stargate SG-1
. Actually, I like writing the whole team, but Jack is more of a challenge for me than Sam or Daniel. It's kind of like writing Jim Ellison, but with a lot more snark. *g*
5. Alan Eppes, Numb3rs
. Because his lines just come to me, and I don't know why I should be so at ease in the voice of a rational, kind man in his 50s, a widower with two sons, much wiser than myself. Alan has told me things in my own fic that I didn't know until he said them. Seriously.
Top Five Favorite Scenes from Numb3rs?
I have to pick 5?! *flails*
1. Don and Charlie's shouting match (escalating to Don getting physical with his brother), "Uncertainty Principle"
2. Alan and Charlie hear Don playing Margret's composition on the piano, at the end of "The Running Man"
3. Alan and Don have a frank discussion about Alan's feelings toward Don's FBI work (Alan: You know what I thought when you joined the FBI? Don: "Where did I go wrong?" Alan: Actually, yeah), "Protest"
4. "Killer Chat": Larry says farewell to the team (particularly Megan) as he leaves for his NASA work.
5. Larry rants about faith and science to a cultist, "Atomic No. 33"
(6. Charlie has seen the SUV he thinks Amita is in blow sky-high, and it takes David and Colby to hold him back from the wreckage; Don hugs him, holds onto him, "Angels and Devils")
2. Ooo, yeah, that's a good one.
5. Yes! That's one of my faves as well.
All good choices. :D