February 24th, 2010
|10:39 am - Character questions meme|
Stolen from tree_and_leaf:
This is a variation on the "top five list" meme, but this time, you get to ask about the characters I write. The questions can be silly, serious, sexy, or whatever else strikes your fancy. Please try to stick to characters I've written substantial things for, or characters you know I have some kind of solid headcanon about. Any fandom I've written for is fine, though I will have more things to say about characters I've written recently. Original characters are cool, too.
Current Mood: awake
Current Music: What About Everything? by Carbon Leaf
Top five things Megan appreciates about Larry. 8-)
|Date:||February 25th, 2010 01:53 am (UTC)|| |
Top five things Megan appreciates about Larry.
(Awesome, thank you!)
1. The way he'll talk to her in precise cosmic metaphors, and end up dissecting them as far as they will go, including any details that *don't* fit what he's trying to say, and trusts her to grasp his meaning.
2. He's the best kisser she's ever dated. Well. After they got past that awkward first one.
3. The fact that he knows when to shut up and just hold her. She can just about hear his male brain scrambling for ways to help, but he doesn't always have to offer advice for fixing things.
4. He's not threatened by her brains or her physical ability. It probably helps that *he's* a genius, but she's known too many guys who were unsettled that she would make the better fighter to not love Larry a bit extra for this.
5. His never-ending delight in the world and universe around them, people included. Sometimes Megan thinks that she wouldn't have survived her second and third years in LA if she hadn't had Larry pointing out all the wonderful, beautiful, amazing things that exist despite the bad.
|Date:||February 25th, 2010 02:14 am (UTC)|| |
Re: Top five things Megan appreciates about Larry.
His never-ending delight in the world and universe around them, people included.
I think that's one of the things *I* appreciate most about Larry. That and his cosmic metaphors. 8-)
Inspired by Kat's: Top five things Sam appreciates about Gene. *grin*
is entirely your fault.
|Date:||February 26th, 2010 09:13 pm (UTC)|| |
Dude. You're the one who signed up. *g* (Oh, I'm gonna have fun with my assignement; did you see it?)
|Date:||February 26th, 2010 09:28 pm (UTC)|| |
Top five things Sam appreciates about Gene.
Okay, I'm giving this a shot. Really. *tears hair*
1. Gene says what he means. Sam was surprised for a while at how bracing this is, given the general rudeness and callousness of Gene's comments, but it makes life a lot easier than the guessing games he had to play with his teammates in 2006.
2. Gene's friendliness and loyalty. Even when it takes the form of a punch-up, or a very unwelcome invasion of one's personal space, it's nice to realize that the boss actually enjoys spending time with his people. No wonder they follow him like he's a god.
3. That Gene doesn't let Sam get away with his self-pity or the voices in his head. He treats him like a normal peer (okay, most of the time), and that allows Sam to pretend that everything is normal. Even when it's not.
4. That Gene can actually drive a car with at least some precision. Sam's sure he'd be dead by now, otherwise.
5. Gene's trust in him. As hard-earned and as occasionally inexplicable as it is [erm, some details censored for spoilers], Sam is grateful for this. When he's not second-guessing it, or trying to get Gene to admit to it in how he lets Sam handle a specific case.