Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a custom-made icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
* There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. 2011 calendar – preferably fannish. SPN, Life on Mars, LotR... Star Trek? (Not Voyager or Enterprise)
2. Hardcover US edition of Goblet of Fire, preferably still with its dust jacket. It's the only HP book I don't have in my matching hardcover set, and I want to finish out the collection.
3. DVD copies of The Sentinel's 2nd through 4th seasons. (Or video files that I can then burn myself for storage.) My VHS copies are unwatchable at this point, and Paramount shows no signs of releasing these seasons anytime soon.
4. (A set of) shot glasses. Fannish or not, makes no difference to me, but I'm not looking for anything super fancy.
5. A Bible with the apocrypha in it. (I've been using the Book of Common Prayer for daily devotions, and they include the apocrypha in the readings.)
6. A Supernatural vid about Dean and Sam and the lies they tell each other, from the pilot up into season 6, set to Genesis' “That's All.” (lyrics here)
7. I would love any fanart or fanfic (or fanmixes, or icons) about Larry/Megan. There's been a growing dearth of that since the show ended, and I miss it. Any genre (except maybe super dark and twisted), even character death or babyfic or smut (though I prefer character work or plot along with any smut); any rating you're comfortable writing, although NC-17 is usually a bit much for me.
8. A frame for my Tolkien poster.
9. A copy of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere (paperback is totally fine).
10. An office chair, comfy and adjustable and on wheels, for my home office.