Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a custom-made icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
* There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. My wonderful friend mistraltoes made me copies of Blakes 7, up through "Trial" (I think... I have mislaid the DVDs during my recent move). I really want to watch the rest of the show, both because I enjoy it and because Mistral loved it, and wish for someone to provide me with them.
2. The Mockingjay pin from The Hunger Games.
3. DVD copies of The Sentinel's 2nd through 4th seasons. (Or video files that I can then burn myself for storage.) My VHS copies became unwatchable, and Paramount shows no signs of releasing these seasons any time soon.
4. A Bible with the apocrypha in it. (I've been using the Book of Common Prayer for daily devotions, and they include the apocrypha in the readings.)
5. A vid featuring the Eleventh Doctor (or multiple incarnations, which would be even better) in all his attention-grabbing, madcap glory, set to Billy Joel's "You Had to be a Big Shot." Because that song just... LOL, Doctor.
6. A Supernatural vid about Dean and Sam and the lies they tell each other, from the pilot up into season 6, set to Genesis' "That's All.”
7. I would love any fanart or fanfic (or fanmixes, or icons, or vids, or bloody well anything) about Larry/Megan. There's been a growing dearth of that since Numb3rs ended, and I miss it. Any genre (except maybe super dark and twisted), even character death or babyfic or smut (though I prefer character work or plot along with any smut); and I'll take any rating you're comfortable writing.
8. I wish for someone to tell me, with all the seriousness and attention and detail I see LJ people use in things like the Racefail discussions, that my story (my background, my faith, my race, my family, my education, my desires, my thinking) matters. That it is all worthwhile, and worth speaking, and worth hearing--not because I am like them, or agree with them, but simply because I exist.
9. A large print of one of the beautiful buildings or landscapes in the fantastical portion of the Tarsem Singh movie The Fall. By "large," I mean tall, something like two by three feet. I have a wall to fill.
10. A really cool wooden desk set, including such things as a pen holder, blotter, etc. Does not have to be new.