March 18th, 2015
|07:14 pm - 10 Books to Read in 2015|
Wow, this is more than two months late. I wanted to get the rest of my 2014 reviews up before I posted it, though; and I have already started reading through this list, so there will be a couple of 2015 reviews later in the month.
This is slightly different than in previous years; I am, for example, including one book which is are-read. I am also not carrying over all five of the books I didn't get to in 2014, only three of them. Nevertheless, I am keen on all of these!
1. Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
2. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
3. The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls
4. The Beautiful Struggle: A Father, Two Sons and an Unlikely Road to Manhood by Ta-Nehisi Coates
5. A Year of Biblical Womanhood: How a Liberated Woman Found Herself Sitting on Her Roof, Covering Her Head and Calling Her Husband “Master” by Rachel Held Evans
6. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
7. Anathem by Neal Stephenson
8. Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor
9. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
10. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
I've never read any of these; haven't even heard of most of them. 1, 2 and 4 look good though. Good luck with the reading. I'll be looking forward to reading your reviews.
Some of them are quite new; others are scifi or fantasy (which I don't think of as being your genres). But yes, I really recommend #1 for you, and #4 is one of the ones I am most excited about reading this year.
|Date:||March 19th, 2015 10:11 am (UTC)|| |
I bet I can guess which one is the reread. :)
Indeed, I bet you can. :)