June 12th, 2016
|09:51 pm - 10 Books to Read in 2016|
All right, it’s far past this time of year, but I forgot to copy the 2016 list over to LJ when I posted it on Facebook in January.
I read only eight of my 10 Books to Read in 2015, and the two I missed are moving to this year’s list. No rereads this year--I’ll have my review of LotR reread up in a while, I just finished it. The books on this list are all new to me.
1. The Second Sex by Simone De Beauvoir
2. The Beautiful Struggle: A Father, Two Sons, and an Unlikely Road to Manhood by Ta-Nehisi Coates
3. Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom by John O’Donohue
4. Learning to Walk in the Dark by Barbara Brown Taylor
5. Unclean: Meditations on Purity, Hospitality, and Mortality by Richard Beck
6. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
7. Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
8. Helena by Evelyn Waugh
9. Lilith by George MacDonald
10. The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan
Current Mood: tired
There are so really great books on this list......and some I'm not familiar with at all. I like that you are so eclectic in your reading. Good luck with meeting your goal!
One reason I do these lists is because otherwise, I might not read books that I really want to get to. Hence the eclecticness.