I'm sure there were actually more, but at the moment I'll just list five:
1. New, insightful review on my HP fic Night's Candles, which has been up at the SugarQuill for nearly a year.
2. Numb3rs icons as an early Christmas gift from rose_in_shadow, one of which I'm using in this post.
3. Completely unexpected call from my friend V. 2 time zones away, solely to squee because she just finished reading Goblet of Fire for the first time. Yeah!
4. Got home from work and spent an hour and a half finishing Diane Duane's new book, Wizards at War. Excellent (though maybe not as good as books 2 and 3, though I'm biased in some ways), and exactly, exactly what I needed. "Eldest, Fairest, and Fallen--greetings, and defiance!"
5. It was cloudy and overcast all day. Most people would assume that added to my depression, but I like it when we get this weather, after days of endlessly beating-down sunshine. It's cold tonight; I'm so tempted to put on Christmas music. :-)
Thank you, Lord, for all the small things that make life worth living. Thank you for the gifts that we almost miss--the sparks of light in the darkness.