Name ten of life's simple pleasures that you like most, then pick ten people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used.
Except I'm not tagging anyone. :-)
1. The feel of living leaves under my fingers (I can hardly pass under a tree without reaching up to touch the leaves).
2. Golden firey sunsets, dim enough to watch and still bright enough to dazzle.
3. Swimming--the feel of water all around me, supporting, caressing.
4. Cupping my hands around a ceramic mug of hot tea.
5. Singing Latin hymns from university choir when no one is around to hear me.
6. The spray of hot water in my shower in the morning (I have Tolkein's "bath-song" memorized).
7. Hearing an unexpected, familiar and friendly voice when I answer the phone.
8. The feeling of having arrived in a familiar, welcoming place, which is evoked by the theme music of my favorite TV shows. :-)
9. Watching rain fall outside my office window, here in this desert city.
10. Making pun or wordplays, or finding apropo quotes for a situation--aloud or in my head.
What simple pleasures do you all enjoy?